Definition of araneid in English:
An invertebrate of an order that comprises the spiders.
- Order Araneae, in particular the family Araneidae
- Females hunted for araneid spiders among the dense vegetation bordering the sand in which they nested.
- She was just sitting there, as araneids are wont to do when there is no prey on their web.
- The araneids are distinguished by their rather short, stout legs which are very spiny in most of the genera.
Late 19th century: from modern Latin Araneida (former order name), from aranea 'spider'.
Definition of araneid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.