- An evergreen conifer of a genus that includes the monkey puzzle and the Norfolk Island pine, having stiff sharp leaves.
More example sentences
- Genus Araucaria, family Araucariaceae
- The tree which was stolen was an araucaria, or monkey puzzle, which was planted in memory of Maurice by his family.
- Unlike other araucarias that have been investigated, many of the meristems in the orthotropic main stem will slowly develop into bud primordia beneath the bark in intact plants.
modern Latin, from Spanish Arauco, the name of a province of Araucania, Chile.
More definitions of araucariaDefinition of araucaria in:
- The British & World English dictionary