Definition of arbutus in English:
Either of two evergreen plants of the family Ericaceae (heath family).
- ● A tree or shrub of the genus Arbutus, which includes the strawberry tree. ● (in full trailing arbutus) A North American trailing plant that bears pink or white flowers (Epigaea repens). Also called mayflower
- We ran to daycare together and pointed out all the arbutus trees along the way.
- But it seemed so distant from where he sat now, with mosquitoes biting at his wrists and a wilted arbutus on the sill.
- Also known as arbutus or madrona, these large, red-barked trees cling to the cliffs above Puget Sound like well-muscled rock climbers.
Words that rhyme with arbutusBrutus
Definition of arbutus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan