- A furnace that uses an electric arc as a heat source, especially for steelmaking.More example sentences
- Silicon dioxide (silica, the compound that forms quartz, glass, and beach sand) is melted with charcoal in an arc furnace to reduce it to elemental silicon.
- Most titanium investment cast parts are made with the vacuum arc remelting technique, which uses a vacuum arc furnace to melt a portion of a titanium electrode into a water - cooled copper crucible.
- The highest values were detected in personal samples from the handling of molten metal by the arc furnace.
More definitions of arc furnaceDefinition of arc furnace in:
- The British & World English dictionary