Definition of arcana in English:
plural noun[treated as singular or plural] (singular arcanum-nəm)
1Secrets or mysteries: his knowledge of federal budget arcana is legendary
More example sentences
- The first class, today at 9: 30, is Federal Jurisdiction, the law school course most known for mystery and arcana.
- So she's methodically built up a comfort level with national security issues, joining the Armed Services Committee and spending countless hours mastering military arcana.
- But anyone wanting to get a job as a graphic designer is probably claiming to be detail-oriented, aesthetically aware, obsessive about getting things perfect, and tuned to the arcana of graphic design.
1.1 [treated as singular] Either of the two groups of cards in a tarot pack: the twenty-two trump cards (the major arcana) and the fifty-six suit cards (the minor arcana).
- Gresham organizes each chapter along the twenty-two minor arcana of the Tarot, a device used by later authors such as Robert Anton Wilson and Umberto Eco.
- It's a euphemism for the Tarot major arcana, based on the myth that the Egyptian god Thoth's wisdom was written down in the eponymous book, for magicians to discover.
- We've been through various mappings to the major arcana of the tarot.
Words that rhyme with arcanaabstainer, campaigner, Cana, caner, cantilena, complainer, container, detainer, drainer, entertainer, explainer, Gaenor, gainer, Gaynor, grainer, Jena, Lena, maintainer, Marlene, N'Djamena, obtainer, ordainer, planar, planer, profaner, Rayner, retainer, scena, seiner, Sinn Feiner, strainer, sustainer, trainer, uniplanar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.