- The investigation of the astronomical knowledge of prehistoric cultures. Also called astroarchaeology.More example sentences
- An entire area of cognitive archaeology is taken up with archaeoastronomy - the study of ancient knowledge of celestial phenomena.
- Robin Heath has explained how the Aubrey holes, the first phase of Stonehenge, were used to predict eclipses and has done much work generally in helping us understand ancient archeoastronomy in relation to stone circles.
- This all started when I was an archaeology under-graduate doing an essay on archaeoastronomy (how ancient sites align with heavenly bodies).
More definitions of archaeoastronomyDefinition of archaeoastronomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary