- The prayers of believers here on earth are mingled with the worship of angels and archangels and all the host of heaven, in adoration of God and the Lamb.
- The functions of these three archangels correspond to three major thrusts of Jesus' ministry: announcing good news, healing the sick, and delivering the oppressed.
- Michael is the only angel that is specifically called an archangel.
- From the highest to the lowest in rank, the orders are seraphim, cherubim, thrones, dominions, virtues, powers, principalities, archangels, and angels.
- There are three types of beings: angels, archangels, and virtues fall into one category, and their nature is inherently good.
- Saint Michael belongs to the choir of angels called the Archangels, usually listed eighth of the nine choirs.
Middle English, from Anglo-Norman French archangele, via ecclesiastical Latin from ecclesiastical Greek arkhangelos, from arkhi- 'chief' + angelos 'messenger, angel'.
- Example sentences
- One invokes the archangelic names in the name of protection, and these name represent the elements earth, water, air, and fire.
- If anyone was looking for the transliterations of the archangelic names, they're as follows.
- Consider an important question or concern that you'd like to offer for archangelic care.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.