adjectiveliterary & Heraldry
Silver; silvery white: the argent moon
More example sentences
- Cupping the silver liquid in his palm, Belloc carefully raised his hand to the level of the girl's eyes, which reflected the argent light.
- It was nearly identical to Pegasus, save that it was wingless and had a short argent horn pointing up from its forehead.
- As I watched, the orange flame died out, leaving the argent flame to battle the darkness alone.
Silver as a heraldic tincture.
- The dining-room of this old house is decorated with a coat of arms, chevrons, and bars rouge upon a field argent, which prove, upon inquiry, to be the shield of Nicholas de la Reynie, a high official of King Louis XIV.
- His name was Sir John Cliseton, and he bore for arms a field argent, fretted azure, with a mullet argent in chief.
- The star consists of the Cross of Saint Patrick Gules, on a field argent, charged with a trefoil as on the Badge, surrounded by a sky-blue enamelled circle.
Words that rhyme with argentSargent, sergeant
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of argent in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.