- (Of rocks or minerals) containing silver.More example sentences
- He reported that most highly argentiferous galena required silver to have been coupled with bismuth or antimony to allow a substitution for lead within the lattice under high-temperature conditions.
- Some of the richer argentiferous galena pockets contained masses of mineral three or four inches in size.
- Gold-bearing quartz and argentiferous galena [ore containing silver] have been discovered in several places.
late 18th century: from Latin argentum 'silver' + -ferous.
More definitions of argentiferousDefinition of argentiferous in:
- The British & World English dictionary