- Tartar obtained from wine fermentation.More example sentences
- Potassium tartrate, the source of this white residue, is sometimes referred to as argol, or lees.
- In the casting experiments, three fluxing agents were tested borax, pine resin and a mixture of table salt and burnt argol.
- In 1853 there was very little argol deposited; but the gross lees of the wine were in great demand, and sold for about 15 shillings per basket.
Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French argoile, of unknown origin.
More definitions of argolDefinition of argol in:
- The British & World English dictionary