- A unit in a computer that carries out arithmetic and logical operations.More example sentences
- Instead, the company implemented an Ultra-Threading Dispatch Processor that distributes the workload among the pixel processors and makes efficient use of the pixel processors' arithmetic logic units (ALUs).
- As reported in Electronics Times, the company has used an architecture based on arithmetic logic units, in contrast to look-up tables.
- The bits may indicate a negative output of the arithmetic logic unit, a carry out signal, an overflow, or a zero output.
More definitions of arithmetic logic unitDefinition of arithmetic logic unit in:
- The British & World English dictionary