- Of or relating to heraldry or heraldic devices: armorial shieldsMore example sentences
- With the increasing realism of later medieval art, windows begin to include many details of daily life, and their donors are commemorated by being depicted in contemporary dress, or by the inclusion of their armorial bearings.
- Rommel presented, together with Giovianni Rovazzani, a beautiful copy of the armorial bearings of the city of Porto Recanati and some illustrated books of the city and its region.
- Taxes on hats, dice, clocks, salt, hair powder, gloves, artificial flowers, menservants, game certificates and armorial bearings have also been used in the past.
nounBack to top
late Middle English: from Old French armoierie (see armory1).
More definitions of armorialDefinition of armorial in:
- The British & World English dictionary