- International disarmament or arms limitation, especially by mutual consent.More example sentences
- ‘We as arms-control activists have to make sure our arguments are made in the context of the new terrorist danger,’ says Kevin Knobloch, executive director of the Union of Concerned Scientists.
- East-West tensions moderated slightly during the early 1970s as Pres. Richard Nixon engaged in a policy of detente and arms-control negotiations with the USSR, but the thaw proved temporary.
- And the White House's evident disdain for arms-control treaties makes it unlikely that Bush would ever seek an international agreement to more tightly regulate shoulder-fired missiles.
More definitions of arms controlDefinition of arms control in:
- The British & World English dictionary