Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of aroha in English:
noun[mass noun] NZ
- Last night, so many people gave me so much love and support, and I want to carry that aroha and awhina with me always, so that I can pass it on to others.
- [Interruption] Oh, he says it is because he loves them - it is aroha.
- ‘She was there for anyone and offered her Maoriness and aroha to anyone,’ says broadcaster and narrator Tainui Stephens.
- The spirit behind the show is one of warm aroha and supportiveness.
- With regards to the treatment of depression, participants identified the importance of whanau aroha and support, particularly being able to talk about their feelings and the injustices and being listened to.
- Whanau aroha, being able to talk about their feelings and injustices, learning self-help skills and learning about themselves were important for healing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.