Definition of aromatize in English:
1 Chemistry Convert (a compound) into an aromatic structure.
- When testosterone aromatizes (converts to an estrogen compound the resulting metabolite is called estradid which further con verts to esterone.
- OK, so far this perfect anabolic causes massive protein synthesis like the synthetics, but doesn't shut down your natural testosterone production, in fact, increases it, plus it doesn't ‘aromatize’ and convert to estrogen.
- That's the growth of breast tissue caused by the drugs aromatizing into estrogen to balance out your testosterone levels.
2Cause to have a pleasant and distinctive smell: vinegar aromatized with plant juices and honey
More example sentences
- Sheeshas are the big attraction here, elaborate glass and brass pipes filled with water and aromatized tobacco.
- There is so much perfume and so little pulp that you can think of it as you would vanilla, or Cognac, or a spoon of dense raspberry purée - something to aromatize a dish.
- Vanilla aromatized coffee… chestnut aromatized coffee… Most Japanese preferred tea, but he had a weak spot for coffee.
- Example sentences
- Other methods for achieving aromatization involve the use of elemental palladium, platinum, nickel, sulfur or selenium, activated charcoal or quinones.
- For example, students are made aware that production of estrogen in the follicle involves androgen production by thecal cells and aromatization by granulosal cells.
- In the brain, aromatization of androgens into estrogens is an essential step in regulating a variety of physiological and behavioral processes.
Definition of aromatize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan