- A marriage planned and agreed to by the families or guardians of the bride and groom, who have little or no say in the matter themselves.More example sentences
- We shared our views on the merits of Eastern arranged marriages versus love marriages in the West.
- It was indeed mentally invigorating to enter into a debate on arranged marriages versus love marriages.
- Her family apparently informed her they had agreed to the arranged marriage and that lobola of seven cattle had already been paid.
More definitions of arranged marriageDefinition of arranged marriage in:
- The British & World English dictionary