- A condition in which the heart beats with an irregular or abnormal rhythm.More example sentences
- The answer is they have all been affected by types of arrhythmia, or heart rhythm disorders.
- If you suffer from heart failure you can suddenly die from erratic heart beat - arrhythmia.
- An arrhythmia may cause the heart's rhythm to be irregular, abnormally fast, or abnormally slow.
late 19th century: from Greek arruthmia 'lack of rhythm', from a- 'without' + rhuthmos (see rhythm).
More definitions of arrhythmiaDefinition of arrhythmia in:
- The British & World English dictionary