• informal , chiefly British
- In a confused, disordered, or perversely contrary state or condition: the whole place was arsy-versy they got things all arsy-versyMore example sentences
- This book presents waste as an aesthetic category that introduces an arsy-versy world where detritus is precious.
- I try to do it in a kind of arsy-versy way with my system of having an assistant director.
- The creator of these arsy-versy architectonic visions aims explicitly for ambiguity. ‘What fascinates me is how the photographic image can be manipulated.'
More definitions of arsy-versyDefinition of arsy-versy in:
- The British & World English dictionary