- A form of psychotherapy involving the encouragement of free self-expression through painting, drawing, or modeling, used as a remedial activity or an aid to diagnosis.More example sentences
- The hospital offers acupuncture, art therapy, horticultural therapy, and cooking and fatigue-management classes as part of the comprehensive approach to cancer care.
- The young people benefited from psychotherapy, music, and art therapy, as well as nursing and psychiatry.
- There are dozens of different types of therapy - everything from art therapy to hypnosis - so it's important to make sure that what your doc practices jibes with your needs.
More definitions of art therapyDefinition of art therapy in:
- The British & World English dictionary