verb[with object] (usually as adjective arterialized)
Convert venous into arterial (blood) by reoxygenation, especially in the lungs.
More example sentences
- Prewarming with the commercially-available heel warmers or with a diaper which has been warmed under a warm faucet and taped around the heel often increases the blood supply and arterializes the sample.
- Following a period of in vivo calibration using a sample of arterialized ear lobe capillary blood, subjects were initially monitored for 2 min at rest while seated on the bicycle ergometer with a nose clip in place.
- Blood gas tensions were measured in arterialized earlobe capillary samples.
- More example sentences
- The venous media thickens and forms multiple elastic laminae, a phenomenon called arterialization.
- A colour Doppler ultrasound scan done two weeks later confirmed the lesion to be of vascular origin with multiple draining channels and arterialisation of veins.
- These represent primary congenital venous malformations or mural weaknesses that are not secondary to arterialisation of the venous system.
Definition of arterialize in:
- The British & World English dictionary