The thickening and hardening of the walls of the arteries, occurring typically in old age.
More example sentences
- We also excluded patients with diabetes mellitus, arteriosclerosis, and those receiving anticoagulant medication.
- The feel of the artery itself may suggest whether its wall has normal resilience, or is hardened and thickened by arteriosclerosis.
- Most genetically predisposed diseases are not rare conditions limited to small numbers of families; they encompass a wide spectrum of common diseases like diabetes, arteriosclerosis, Alzheimer's disease and many cancers.
- More example sentences
- Gross and microscopic examination revealed bronchopneumonia and arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
- In peacetime, however, by far the commonest indication is gangrene due to severe arterial disease, usually arteriosclerotic or diabetic in origin, and not infrequently from a combination of these two conditions.
- Drop attacks where the elderly fall and can't get up without help are associated with arteriosclerotic blood vessel disease at the back of the brain.