- 1Having two or more sections connected by a flexible joint: eight articulated trailer coaches the trilobite’s thorax has a variable number of articulated segmentsMore example sentences
hinged, jointed, segmented; coupled, attached, interlocked• technical articulate
- An almost complete skeleton, including an articulated left lower hind limb, is associated with the skull of SDSNH 36000.
- OMNH 55239 is an articulated series of three vertebrae that also lack the neural arches above the transverse processes.
- An angle joint for connecting two components in articulated fashion includes a joint ball, a cup at least partially surrounding the joint ball, and a liner positioned in the cup.
- 2(Of an idea or feeling) expressed; put into words: the lack of a clearly articulated policyMore example sentences
- Yet when in the context of art produced just a few decades later, Wirth deduces that the new rise in figural compositions must be a result of articulated ideas on theological matters.
- They had clearly defined and articulated ideas of what they wanted to do with their lives - to be a cartoonist or a dancer - and they were trying to get there.
- It also looks out into the future to test the theory against the common if vaguely articulated belief that great-power war has become obsolete.