- A gyroscopic instrument or a fluid surface, typically one of mercury, used to provide a horizontal reference plane for navigational measurement.More example sentences
- Vertical bars mark the sides of the hangar and the ship's mast, and a further improvement comes in the form of a gyro-stabilised horizontal bar, which gives the pilot an artificial horizon to work with.
- The aileron caused a turn, which the pilot rectified with rudder before realizing his error and returning his scan to the artificial horizon on the panel.
- The system utilizes a huge artificial horizon with V-bar indicator and an HSI in your choice of arc mode or full display at bottom center.
More definitions of artificial horizonDefinition of artificial horizon in:
- The British & World English dictionary