adjective• informal • derogatory
- Associated with or showing a pretentious interest in the arts: you can wear a turtleneck to join your artsy-fartsy friendsMore example sentences
- Do you want to see more experimentation or do you wish I'd just wander around town with a digital point-and-shoot like I did in the old days, and forget all about the arty-farty nonsense?
- When that whole emphasis on arts was brought in five years ago, everyone pooh-poohed it as being, you know, arty-farty nonsense.
- It's just artsy-fartsy moviemaking nonsense.
More definitions of artsy-fartsyDefinition of artsy-fartsy in:
- The British & World English dictionary