Definition of ascidian in English:
A sea squirt.
- Phylum Chordata, Subphylum Urochordata, class Ascidiacea
- Above, a seastar fish swims amongst a garden of ascidians and soft corals.
- Some organisms, such as nematodes and ascidians, have a remarkably precise pattern of cell divisions in early development.
- Boulders are infested with black tree corals, mussels, cowrie shells, soft and hard corals and ascidians.
Definition of ascidian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan