Definition of aseptic in English:
1Free from contamination caused by harmful bacteria, viruses, or other microorganisms.
- The antigen for spiking the specimens designated as CA 15-3 and CA 27.29 was derived from a cell line grown by aseptic tissue culture.
- In 1885 in Kiel, Germany, he constructed a small private hospital that embodied his aseptic design - a five-room operating suite.
- Suitable for the production and handling of medical devices under special conditions, an aseptic assembly cell from Ismeca Automation makes use of servomotors for motion control.
1.1 [attributive] (Of surgical practice) aiming at the complete exclusion of harmful microorganisms.
- At the core of infection prevention are aseptic practices.
- The draped table is sterile only at the top surface, according to established and recognized principles of aseptic practice.
- Adherence to aseptic practices aids in fulfilling this responsibility.
Words that rhyme with asepticdyspeptic, epileptic, nympholeptic, peptic, proleptic, sceptic (US skeptic), septic
Definition of aseptic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan