Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of asexualize in English:
verb[with object] rare
Deprive of sexual qualities; make asexual: they asexualize him by treating him like a brother (as adjective asexualized) the asexualized image of an idealized mother
More example sentences
- He's only seventeen, and I wonder what the health effects might be, apart from of course asexualizing him.
- He will have lost his aggressive drive, so he really won't even be able to get angry about being asexualized.
- She argues for the ascent of a heterosexual heroine who wields socio-sexual power without becoming a desexualized or asexualized creature.
- 1asexualization noun
- Example sentences
- Many simply find it easiest to wear their orientation like a badge, and undoubtedly their efforts to demonstrate their sexual identity alleviate the stigma of asexualization.
- Several states have passed statutes providing for compulsory asexualization of inmates of insane asylums and prisons.
- Advocates of compulsory sterilization who called for the asexualization or castration of women generally wanted the woman to undergo a hysterectomy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.