Definition of ash dieback in English:
A serious fungal disease of the European ash, characterized by the progressive death of the tree’s branches: the number of woodland sites where ash dieback has been detected has doubled
- The disease is caused by Hymenoscyphus pseudoalbidus (also called Chalara fraxinea), subdivision Ascomycotina
More example sentences
- The first outbreak of ash dieback has been confirmed in Northern Ireland.
- Earlier this week industry, conservation groups and scientists met for a summit on how to deal with ash dieback.
- Ash dieback may have arrived in Britain after spores were blown on the wind from continental Europe.
Definition of ash dieback in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.