1Of the pale gray color of ash: the ashen morning sky
More example sentences
- His hair was a chilling black color, his skin was ashen gray, and his eyes were a chilling blue.
- Through years of boot soles and Border collie paws the unfinished plank floor has grayed and smoothed to ashen silk.
- About 3 days afterward the skin on his forehead, hands, lower legs, and feet was an ashen color and very irritated, and it peeled away.
1.1(Of a person’s face) very pale with shock, fear, or illness.
- His face was ashen white, and he looked like a ghost, his skin almost translucent.
- Daphne freezes, seeing the sudden fear on her father's ashen face.
- Days later, pictures of the residents' ashen faces were plastered over the papers and broadcast on the news every night, invariably showing tightly strapped face-masks.
Words that rhyme with ashenfashion, passion, ration
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.