Definition of asparagus beetle in English:
A small, boldly marked leaf beetle whose adults and larvae feed on the leaves of asparagus.
- Crioceris asparagi, family Chrysomelidae
- Spotted asparagus beetle larvae feed mainly on the berries of the female plants.
- The adult spotted asparagus beetles emerge at least a week later than the plain asparagus beetle.
- There are two kinds of asparagus beetle - asparagus beetle and spotted asparagus beetle.
Definition of asparagus beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan