Definition of aspartic acid in English:
An acidic amino acid that is a constituent of most proteins and also occurs in sugar cane. It is important in the metabolism of nitrogen in animals and also acts as a neurotransmitter.
- Infusion of the amino acids lysine and arginine, but not aspartic acid or glutamic acid, have been shown to stimulate the release of insulin in horses.
- Carefully read food labels to see where you might be unknowingly ingesting aspartame; manufacturers sometimes list it as its components, the amino acids aspartic acid and phenylalanine.
- Aspartame is an odorless, white crystalline powder derived from two amino acids, aspartic acid and phenylalanine.
- Example sentences
- Dr. Hans Neiper popularized the use of magnesium aspartate.
- The second mutation was in a change in histidine at position 63 to aspartate.
- The news of aspartate binding outside the cell travels via the same protein relay but has the opposite effect.
Definition of aspartic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary