Relating to or suffering from asthma.
- Up to 80 per cent of asthmatic children have allergic rhinitis.
- Children with documented cat allergy or with asthmatic symptoms triggered by a cat should avoid cats.
- Students were diagnosed with asthma if both questionnaires confirmed the presence of asthmatic symptoms.
A person who suffers from asthma.
- Blanc found that 15% of American adult asthmatics reported that their asthma was worse at work.
- This is similar to what happens in allergic asthmatics.
- As a result of these symptoms, asthmatics may not tolerate exertion.
- Example sentences
- 'You know, the future of this country lies in this railway's reconstruction,' says a local teacher, as the train pulls asthmatically into Lobito.
- He first swallowed, and then began to gasp asthmatically.
- The ramshackle trucks, coughing asthmatically, clambered on over China's battered, tortuous highways.
Early 16th century: via Latin from Greek asthmatikos, from asthma (see asthma).
Words that rhyme with asthmaticachromatic, acrobatic, Adriatic, aerobatic, anagrammatic, aquatic, aristocratic, aromatic, athematic, attic, autocratic, automatic, axiomatic, bureaucratic, charismatic, chromatic, cinematic, climatic, dalmatic, democratic, diagrammatic, diaphragmatic, diplomatic, dogmatic, dramatic, ecstatic, emblematic, emphatic, enigmatic, epigrammatic, erratic, fanatic, hepatic, hieratic, hydrostatic, hypostatic, idiomatic, idiosyncratic, isochromatic, lymphatic, melodramatic, meritocratic, miasmatic, monochromatic, monocratic, monogrammatic, numismatic, operatic, panchromatic, pancreatic, paradigmatic, phlegmatic, photostatic, piratic, plutocratic, pneumatic, polychromatic, pragmatic, prelatic, prismatic, problematic, programmatic, psychosomatic, quadratic, rheumatic, schematic, schismatic, sciatic, semi-automatic, Socratic, somatic, static, stigmatic, sub-aquatic, sylvatic, symptomatic, systematic, technocratic, thematic, theocratic, thermostatic, traumatic
Definition of asthmatic in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.