Definition of Asti in English:
1A white wine from the Italian province of Asti and neighboring parts of Piedmont.
- The ‘Vendemmia’ brings in the grape harvest for the outstanding red wines of Barolo, Barbaresco and the whites of Asti.
- The Italians stared fixedly at the set, absently downing the panini and Asti that had been intended for prospective buyers.
2A light sparkling wine from the region of Asti.
- A mere 15,000 tonnes of Moscato Bianco were harvested in an average late 19th century vintage, but this was before the establishment of the Asti sparkling wine industry headquartered in Canelli.
- The most important of these is Asti (once known as Asti Spumante), made from the Moscato Bianco grape cultivated in the provinces of Asti, Cuneo, and Alessandria, of which over 80 million bottles may be made in an average year.
Words that rhyme with Astipasty
Definition of Asti in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.