- 1In a state of excited movement: the streets are all astirMore example sentences
- Shanghai has recently been astir with news that one of Taiwan's richest men is planning to open a ‘baozi’ - Taiwan steamed buns with stuffing - restaurant.
- Something, for example, is astir in Latin America which gives an unanticipated scope for hope even as the Middle East continues to blindly grope its way towards partnership with Asia.
- The production that set the New York and London stages astir will creep into Tokyo Nov.16-19 at the Sun Mall Theater in Shinjuku.
- 1.1Awake and out of bed: he woke before anyone else was astirMore example sentences
- The central part of Westhoughton was early astir this morning on the occasion of a great walk which had been arranged to take place from Westhoughton to Southport.
- The two walked quickly back to the village, which was now all astir with life.
More definitions of astirDefinition of astir in:
- The British & World English dictionary