Definition of astrodome in English:
1A domed window in an aircraft for astronomical observations.
- The four men escaped the aircraft through the astrodome.
- There was no more fire from the enemy aircraft, identified from the astrodome by the navigator, as a Ju 88.
- An astrodome was located in the top of the fuselage forward of the aft partition of the crew quarters.
2 (the Astrodome) chiefly US An enclosed stadium in Houston with a domed roof.
- The complex has two grass pitches, two AstroTurf™ pitches and an astrodome containing another indoor pitch which is said to be too small to satisfy the FA rules.
- They're exhausted; all waiting to be evacuated by bus to Houston's astrodome.
Words that rhyme with astrodomeradome • Styrofoam
Definition of astrodome in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan