Definition of astrogation in English:
(In science fiction) navigation in outer space.
- I need you to run the astrogation computers for the descent.
- They had no maps, no charts, no astrogation data, yet they brought the galaxy to its knees.
- It's possible, of course, to jump ‘blind’ as long as your astrogation computer doesn't have the safety controls engaged, but the practice has little to recommend it.
- Example sentences
- Dr. Hendrix, the chief astrogator and the main impetus in Max's training, dies of a heart attack and his replacement, Simes, mismanages the next transition through a congruency.
- They provide assistance to Jedi pilots as onboard astrogators, technicians, and communications specialists and are outfitted with various tools for utility and repair.
- They have been traveling the galaxy for all of recorded history, and seem to have innate abilities as pilots and astrogators.
Definition of astrogation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia