Definition of astute in English:
Having or showing an ability to accurately assess situations or people and turn this to one’s advantage: an astute businessman
More example sentences
- He is said to be acutely focused and astute in assessing what he should and should not buy.
- I regard him as an astute businessman who is very conscious of the value of capital.
- Our leader is intelligent and astute, as we have seen with her handling of Iraq.
- Example sentences
- He is known far and wide, not for his intellectual astuteness or classroom achievements, but for his ability to energize campus social life.
- An increasingly educated electorate can spot bias with greater acumen and astuteness than ever before.
- I want to thank Brian Gelling for his foresight and astuteness in handling the negotiations.
Words that rhyme with astuteacute, argute, beaut, Beirut, boot, bruit, brut, brute, Bute, butte, Canute, cheroot, chute, commute, compute, confute, coot, cute, depute, dilute, dispute, flute, galoot, hoot, impute, jute, loot, lute, minute, moot, newt, outshoot, permute, pollute, pursuit, recruit, refute, repute, route, salute, Salyut, scoot, shoot, Shute, sloot, snoot, subacute, suit, telecommute, Tonton Macoute, toot, transmute, undershoot, uproot, Ute, volute
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.