Definition of at-bat in English:
A player’s turn at batting, as officially recorded: O’Neill had three singles in four at-bats Compare with plate appearance.
More example sentences
- He joins Wilson and Juan Samuel as the only players ever to record 700-plus at bats in a season.
- He is also the first player in baseball history to have more times on base than official at bats over the course of a season.
- He wondered how a player this bad could be given 3000 at bats in the major leagues.
adverbBack to top
- My second time at bat was in Baltimore, and I got my first home run off Robin Roberts, one of the all-time great pitchers.
- He was easily one of the dominating first basemen of his generation, both at bat and on the field.
- The way to win baseball games is to score runs when at bat and prevent runs when in the field.
Definition of at-bat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan