1.1Dead (used to suggest that someone has escaped from the difficulties of life).
- He's at peace now, free of pain, free of the longing for supernatural rescue.
- Theresa is at peace now but the rest of you are all left with the sorrow and tragedy of her death.
2In a state of friendliness: a man at peace with the world
More example sentences
- I pray that we will live harmoniously and at peace with one another, regardless of which tradition or path we follow.
- Just being around her best friend made her feel much more at peace with the world.
- I pose that question to all of you since I firmly believe that your response will indicate whether you are at peace with God, with others and with yourself.
Definition of at peace in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.