- 1 Music (Of a composition) not based on the use of themes.More example sentences
- By such a versatile training, the way to composition in the free athematic music style and to the organization of new form arrangements leads to full creative liberty.
- 2 Grammar (Of a verb form) having a suffix attached to the stem without a connecting (thematic) vowel.More example sentences
- In athematic conjugation, the final long vowel of the verbal stem becomes short in the plural number.
- The athematic or weak verbs are ordered into four classes, to which some special cases are added.
- The athematic or irregular verbs generally omit the use of a theme vowel and frequently vary their stems.
More definitions of athematicDefinition of athematic in:
- The British & World English dictionary