Definition of atherogenic in English:
Tending to promote the formation of fatty plaques in the arteries.
- Overtreatment of multiple hormonal imbalances can cause central obesity and atherogenic and metabolic abnormalities.
- The authors claim that these findings support the conclusion that interventions improving insulin sensitivity may be beneficial in reducing the atherogenic risk.
- Overall, the book will provide a helpful resource to new investigators who are studying the atherogenic process and also to scientists in other disciplines.
- Example sentences
- Platelets play a fundamental role in atherogenesis and in the pathophysiology of acute coronary syndromes.
- Important links have been uncovered between cardiovascular risk factors and the molecular and cellular mechanisms that contribute to inflammation and atherogenesis.
- Statins may have a direct positive effect on vascular walls through an improvement of endothelial function, anti-inflammatory and antithrombotic actions, and attenuation of atherogenesis.
Definition of atherogenic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan