Tending to promote the formation of fatty plaques in the arteries.
More example sentences
- Overtreatment of multiple hormonal imbalances can cause central obesity and atherogenic and metabolic abnormalities.
- The authors claim that these findings support the conclusion that interventions improving insulin sensitivity may be beneficial in reducing the atherogenic risk.
- Overall, the book will provide a helpful resource to new investigators who are studying the atherogenic process and also to scientists in other disciplines.
- More example sentences
- Platelets play a fundamental role in atherogenesis and in the pathophysiology of acute coronary syndromes.
- Important links have been uncovered between cardiovascular risk factors and the molecular and cellular mechanisms that contribute to inflammation and atherogenesis.
- Statins may have a direct positive effect on vascular walls through an improvement of endothelial function, anti-inflammatory and antithrombotic actions, and attenuation of atherogenesis.
Definition of atherogenic in:
- The British & World English dictionary