Definition of atlas moth in English:
A very large, boldly marked silkworm moth that occurs in both the Old and New World tropics.
- Genus Attacus, family Saturniidae: several species, in particular A. atlas of Asia, which is the largest moth in the world
- It includes the atlas moths Rothschildia, which are the largest in the country.
- Color slides and digital images include a wide variety of North American and tropical species including hawkmoths, silkmoths, tiger moths, atlas moths, micro moths, prominents, caterpillars and many others.
- Some of the atlas moths and a Noctuid moth have wingspans over 300 mm.
Definition of atlas moth in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan