- The pressure exerted by the weight of the atmosphere, which at sea level has a mean value of 101,325 pascals (roughly 14.6959 pounds per square inch). Also called barometric pressure.More example sentences
- If the Earth were not round, whole hemispheres would have different atmospheric pressure and significantly different sea levels.
- At pressures substantially below normal atmospheric pressure, more substances can be made to sublime.
- Compared with total atmospheric pressure, airborne sound waves represent extremely small pressure changes.
More definitions of atmospheric pressureDefinition of atmospheric pressure in:
- The British & World English dictionary