- An extremely accurate type of clock that is regulated by the vibrations of an atomic or molecular system such as cesium or ammonia.More example sentences
- Superaccurate atomic clocks, timepieces capable of discerning a change in frequency of a few parts in a million billion, were used to monitor the potential shifts.
- But if you were to use the world's most accurate atomic clocks, you would also need to take the latitude and altitude of the two locations into account.
- The most accurate atomic clocks available today use the cesium atom and the normal magnetic fields and detectors.
More definitions of atomic clockDefinition of atomic clock in:
- The British & World English dictionary