1A person or animal that attacks someone or something.
- Police admit that her killer may be a serial attacker who has struck at least six times.
- In conventional jails, vicious murderers and sex attackers have little incentive to behave well or change.
- In January the authorities charged the two alleged attackers with murder and arson.
assailant, assaulter, aggressor, attack dog;
mugger, rapist, killer, murderer
1.1(In soccer and other games) a player that makes an assertive or aggressive attempt to score; a forward.
- The attacker has just scored a goal for his team that wins them the FA Cup in the final minutes of the game.
- He is a defender, he is a midfielder but he is also an attacker - a winger who makes and scores goals.
- They have strength throughout the squad from goalkeeper to attackers.
Words that rhyme with attackeralpaca, backer, clacker, claqueur, Dhaka, hacker, Hakka, lacquer, maraca, paca, packer, sifaka, slacker, smacker, stacker, tacker, tracker, whacker, yakka
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.