Definition of attacker in English:
1A person or animal that attacks someone or something.
- Police admit that her killer may be a serial attacker who has struck at least six times.
- In conventional jails, vicious murderers and sex attackers have little incentive to behave well or change.
- In January the authorities charged the two alleged attackers with murder and arson.
1.1(In soccer and other games) a player that makes an assertive or aggressive attempt to score; a forward.
- The attacker has just scored a goal for his team that wins them the FA Cup in the final minutes of the game.
- He is a defender, he is a midfielder but he is also an attacker - a winger who makes and scores goals.
- They have strength throughout the squad from goalkeeper to attackers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan