- 1Unnaturally thin: she was a drooping, attenuated figureMore example sentences
- The model for the Kirov's new female breed may be the more experienced Uliana Lopatkina, all thin, attenuated limbs and haughty sinuousness cultivated to the point of idiosyncrasy.
- Next, density gave way to linearity in attenuated sculptures with inaccessible catwalks, platforms, and doorways.
- Giacometti described his attenuated figures as existing on the edge of perception, as if they just came into view on a hazy horizon.
- 1.1Weakened in force or effect: Roman influence became attenuatedMore example sentences
- In his art, he didn't try to reconcile, dilute, or exacerbate differences, which could have led to the attenuated effects of pastiche.
- The setup and the payoff were far too attenuated, and I candidly couldn't tell you what beer the ad was for (which may influenced by the fact that I don't normally drink beer, I'm not sure).
- The intellectual and professional classes, already gravely attenuated, would have been liquidated entirely.