- 1 another term for eggplant.More example sentences
- Heat a large frying pan or wok and then fry off the vegetables in turn, aubergines first then peppers then courgettes.
- This is a lovely way of doing a variety of fried vegetables, like aubergines, courgettes, pumpkin, spinach and squash.
- It will surprise no one to hear that the aubergine is my favourite vegetable.
- 1.1A dark purple color like that of eggplant.More example sentences
- Dark berry colours will also be very popular; plum, aubergine, dark raspberry and even chocolate colours.
- Some of them are quite distinctive colours like aubergine and black and white.
- ‘Vogue’ has declared aubergine the colour of the season and everyone has been much relieved by the disappearance of pink.
More definitions of aubergineDefinition of aubergine in:
- The British & World English dictionary