Definition of aubrietia in English:
A dwarf evergreen Eurasian trailing plant with dense masses of foliage and purple, pink, or white flowers. It is widely cultivated in rock gardens and on banks.
- Aubrieta deltoidea, family Brassicaceae
- The most commonly planted rockery flowers are aubretia and alyssum.
- Clip back aubretias, arabis and perennial candytufts when they have finished flowering.
- Creeping phlox, thyme and aubrietia grow between terrace stones, in typical English fashion, next to a creeping bent lawn.
Early 19th century: modern Latin, named after Claude Aubriet (1668–1743), French botanist.
Definition of aubrietia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan