Definition of aubrietia in English:
A dwarf evergreen Eurasian trailing plant with dense masses of foliage and purple, pink, or white flowers. It is widely cultivated in rock gardens and on banks.
- Aubrieta deltoidea, family Brassicaceae
- The most commonly planted rockery flowers are aubretia and alyssum.
- Clip back aubretias, arabis and perennial candytufts when they have finished flowering.
- Creeping phlox, thyme and aubrietia grow between terrace stones, in typical English fashion, next to a creeping bent lawn.
early 19th century: modern Latin, named after Claude Aubriet (1668–1743), French botanist.
Definition of aubrietia in:
- British & World English dictionary