adjectiveBotany & Zoology
- Having one or more structures shaped like an ear or earlobe.More example sentences
- Under favorable conditions each rosette produces one flowering stem up to 3 meters in height, with numerous auriculate clasping leaves.
- The leaves are distinctive among our cardamines in having auriculate leaf bases.
- The Famatina specimens are assigned herein to a new species on the basis of their transverse outline and long, auriculate cardinal extremities.
early 18th century: from Latin auricula 'external part of the ear' (diminutive of auris 'ear') + -ate2.
More definitions of auriculateDefinition of auriculate in:
- The British & World English dictionary