Definition of auspice in English:
under the auspices of
- With the help, support, or protection of: the delegation’s visit was arranged under UN auspicesMore example sentences
- In situ investigations of human rights situations have been carried out under the auspices of all the regional organizations.
- A six-month course for 10 nurses will be held at the hospital under the auspices of the University of Essex.
- The fact that they have been published under the auspices of the UN, however, lends them additional weight.
Words that rhyme with auspiceSerapis
Definition of auspice in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan